[ome-users] OMERO 4.4.9 won't start after upgrade from 4.4.5

Blazej Pindelski b.pindelski at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 12 09:49:14 GMT 2013

On 11 Nov 2013, at 15:50, Niko Ehrenfeuchter <nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch> wrote:

> On 11.11.2013 16:15, Niko Ehrenfeuchter wrote:
>>
>> The more severe issue is that the Java Webstart client doesn't work at
>> all any more. When trying to connect from a machine where the Webstart
>> client was used before, a new version is downloaded from our OMERO
>> server (as expected), however it complains immediately with the message
>> in the attached screenshot.
>
> ok, back to square one again - this was (as always) solved by clearing the Webstart Cache of Java.
>
> -> Is there a way to automate this? I do not particularly like the idea of having to teach all our users how to reset that cache manually (or even worse, do it myself).
>
> Thanks
> ~Niko

Hi Niko,

What you were experiencing was a known issue [1]. It has been fixed for the 4.4.9 version of OMERO.server [2].
>From now on, on both the 5.0 and 4.4 branches, the JNLP file will not be cached due to a specific
HTTP header sent by the server to the client web browser. This will cause an automatic update (if needed) of the
JAR files each time you use the Webstart functionality.

Regards,
Blazej

[1] http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/10598
[2] https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/pull/1521