[ome-users] OMERO 4.4.9 won't start after upgrade from 4.4.5

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Nov 6 11:26:52 GMT 2013

On Nov 5, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Rainer Poehlmann wrote:

>> Please could we have a copy of the most recent logfiles?  Blitz-0.log
>> should be sufficient.  If you could zip them up and put them somewhere
>> we could download them, that would be great.  You could use the QA
>> upload page here: http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/
>
> I've uploaded it: Blitz-0.log.zip
> Please be aware that the most recent entries are then again from the 4.4.5 OMERO version, since I reverted back to it.

Thanks for the logs, Rainer. The failure is quite low-level and catastrophic: basically no communication is possible. There's been one mention of such an error on the ZeroC forums[1] but with no response. I've posted a link to this issue to see if they're related.

For the moment, I would suggest you upgrade to 4.4.9 for Ice 3.4 [2] so that you'll have the benefit of any OMERO bug fixes, while we investigate the Ice 3.5 issue.

I don't know if this is as all related to IPv6, but just in case, could you let us know how your system is configured for IPv6? Related links for IPv6 changes in Ice 3.5 under [3], [4], and [5].

Cheers,
~Josh

[1] http://www.zeroc.com/forums/help-center/6132-update-ice-3-3-1-3-5-1-a.html
[2] http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/omero/4.4.9/artifacts/OMERO.server-4.4.9-ice34-b98.zip