[ome-users] OMERO 4.4.9 won't start after upgrade from 4.4.5

Rainer Poehlmann rainer.poehlmann at unibas.ch
Tue Nov 5 11:02:08 GMT 2013

Dear Roger,

thanks for the fast reply.

> When you upgraded all the ice packages, did every package get upgraded
> to the 3.5 version?  The "rpm -qa" output would be useful to see.  If
> (for example) you still had the old version of icegridnode, this would
> not result in a working configuration.

yes, I double checked this.

> Please could we have a copy of the most recent logfiles?  Blitz-0.log
> should be sufficient.  If you could zip them up and put them somewhere
> we could download them, that would be great.  You could use the QA
> upload page here: http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

I've uploaded it: Blitz-0.log.zip
Please be aware that the most recent entries are then again from the
4.4.5 OMERO version, since I reverted back to it.

> Does your PATH need to contain all these java paths?  They should be on
> the standard path by default unless this is a custom install.

Java is installed quite standard and maintained via the "alternatives"
system.

>> Environment:ICE_HOME=/usr/bin
>
> ICE_HOME is incorrect (but it's not required, so should be harmless).  I
> would suggest either removing it or setting it to /usr/share/Ice-3.5 (or
> whatever the directory in /usr/share/Ice-xxx is for your system).

I will correct this.

>> Environment:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_09/lib:/usr/lib64:/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib:
>>

> Does the JDK libdir need adding here?  Same question as for PATH.  If
> it's a custom install, maybe it's needed.

I can remove it as well.

>> Environment:DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/javajdk1.7.0_09/lib:/usr/lib64:/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib:
>>

> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is MacOSX-specific; you can remove it.

Good to know, I will remove it.

Best regards,
-Rainer