[ome-users] Apple OS X 10.9 - Mavericks and LOCI question

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Nov 5 23:08:16 GMT 2013

Hi Vladimir,

I am CCing the ome-users list, which is the best place to ask Bio-Formats
questions.

> it looks like LOCI is incompatible with the changes that 10.9
> introduces to Java.

Bio-Formats is working for me on OS X 10.9 with Java 1.6.0_45 as well as
Java 1.7.0_21.

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: loci/formats/UpgradeChecker

That error indicates a mismatch between JAR files. Are you using the Fiji
distribution of ImageJ? If not, I suggest you do so; Fiji comes bundled
with the latest stable version of Bio-Formats, and is by far the most
convenient way of updating it. If you need to enable a development build of
Bio-Formats, you can do so as described at:

    http://fiji.sc/Bio-Formats#Daily_builds

If you use Fiji, you will not need to use the "Update LOCI plugins" command
anymore.

Regards,
Curtis