[ome-users] Omero 5 + LDAP + Ubuntu - more detail

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Nov 1 07:11:37 GMT 2013

On Nov 1, 2013, at 5:37 AM, Jake Carroll wrote:

> All,
>
> A further bit of data.
>
> 2013-11-01 07:51:11,801 INFO  [        ome.services.util.ServiceHandler]
> (l.Server-2)  Excp:	org.springframework.ldap.InvalidSearchFilterException:
> Missing 'equals'; nested exception is
> javax.naming.directory.InvalidSearchFilterException: Missing 'equals';
> remaining name ''
>
> Seeing that now. Any ideas?

Base on the config sent off list, e.g.

  omero.ldap.username='uid=abc,...c=au'

omit the quotes. The instructions list them for use on the command-line, but they aren't part of the actual LDAP strings. What counts is what is printed by:

 bin/omero config get

That should _not_ show any quotes for base or username.

Cheers,
~Josh.