[ome-users] Building Bio-formats plugin for ITK in VC++

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Thu May 9 14:52:04 BST 2013

On windows there's a boolean CMake option to toggle Debug and Release
builds:

BFITK_WIN_BUILD_DEBUG

It's set to "ON" by default, which means the Debug build will be built. If
you actually want the Debug version then you need to build the Debug build
in VC++ 2010 as well. I think VC++ 2010 defaults to "Release", so you
probably have a "D:/Bioformats_itk/lib/\Release/BioFormatsIOPlugin" right?

So you can either reconfigure CMake to set that option OFF and build
Release, or build the Debug version.

Also, the main branch on the ITK source from git doesn't have
itkSCIFIOImageIO yet, but it is on a review branch.

You can check out that branch using the command:

git fetch http://review.source.kitware.com/p/ITK refs/changes/50/9450/7 &&
git checkout FETCH_HEAD -b SCIFIOImageIO

The "refs/changes/50/9450/7" is specifying which patch to check out, e.g.
refs/changes/50/9450/4 would check out patch set 4. But I think we got 7
pretty stable yesterday so I would try that first. :) Otherwise, 8 should
be out in a few hours (with very minor changes).

Let me know if you have any more problems!

Thanks,
Mark