[ome-users] FW: Attempt to build "build-cpp"

John Webber (NBI) John.Webber at nbi.ac.uk
Wed May 8 15:53:53 BST 2013

Hi,

I have encountered some strange errors with the build of Omero and would like to confirm whether other people have experienced these issues as well.

When I attempt to build Openmicroscopy, (using "python build.py build-all") I see several build errors as follows:

                "com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath"

Setting CLASSPATH does not resolve the problem, and JAVA_HOME is set correctly.

I have resolved the issue by adding a number of   [ fork="true" ] to a number of the calls to javac, as follows:

                                ..  components\insight\build\app.xml line 143
                                ..  components\insight\build\app.xml line 155
                                ..  components\insight\build\app.xml line 167
                                ..  components\insight\build\test.xml line 199

Please can you advice the reason I am seeing this error, and also whether my "fix" is acceptable?

Thanks
John

John Webber
Computing and Information Services
NBI Partnership Ltd
Norwich Research park
Colney Lane
Norwich
NR4 7UH

E-Mail:  john.webber at nbi.ac.uk<mailto:john.webber at nbi.ac.uk>
Web:     http://www.nbi.ac.uk
Tel:        +44(0)1603 450 818

The NBI Partnership Ltd provides non-scientific services to the Institute of Food Research, the John Innes Centre, The Genome Analysis Centre and The Sainsbury Laboratory