[ome-users] Attempt to build "build-cpp"

Roger Leigh r.leigh at dundee.ac.uk
Mon May 13 09:36:09 BST 2013

On 10/05/2013 16:00, John Webber (NBI) wrote:
> Fantastic - success!

That's great news, I'm glad this fixed things!

> Thank you for your advice:  commenting out the section you highlighted below has indeed led to a successful build of Omero 64bit release version.  The code I commented out was in components/blitz/blitz_tools.py.  The section I comment out was lines 280 to 288 :
>
>       #         if ice_home:
>       #            if self.is64bit():
>       #                if self.iswin32():
>       #                    self.Append(LIBPATH=[os.path.join(ice_home, "lib", "x64")])
>       #                else:
>       #                    lib64 = os.path.join(ice_home, "lib64")
>       #                    if os.path.exists(lib64):
>       #                        self.Append(LIBPATH=[lib64])
>       #            self.Append(LIBPATH=[os.path.join(ice_home, "lib")])
>
> Do you think this means that the above logic is incorrect, or that I have an issue elsewhere as well?

The above logic is definitely incorrect.  I don't think there's a
problem on your side at all.  I've opened pull requests to fix this by
removing it entirely for 4.4 and our development branch:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/pull/1163
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/pull/1164

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,