[ome-users] FW: Attempt to build "build-cpp"

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu May 9 10:15:42 BST 2013

On May 8, 2013, at 4:53 PM, John Webber (NBI) wrote:

> Hi,

Hi John,

> I have encountered some strange errors with the build of Omero and would like to confirm whether other people have experienced these issues as well.
>
> When I attempt to build Openmicroscopy, (using "python build.py build-all") I see several build errors as follows:
>
>                "com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath"
>
> Setting CLASSPATH does not resolve the problem, and JAVA_HOME is set correctly.
>
> I have resolved the issue by adding a number of   [ fork="true" ] to a number of the calls to javac, as follows:
>
>                                ..  components\insight\build\app.xml line 143
>                                ..  components\insight\build\app.xml line 155
>                                ..  components\insight\build\app.xml line 167
>                                ..  components\insight\build\test.xml line 199
>
> Please can you advice the reason I am seeing this error, and also whether my "fix" is acceptable?

Unfortunately, I'm still not sure why you're seeing this error but I've seen it once before elsewhere. For example, https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/170 fixed the issue for Bio-Formats, but I've never seen it under components/insight.

If you would like to open a PR against https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/, feel free. Otherwise, I'll add fork="true" to those lines and get this into the main build.

Sorry for any troubles, and thanks for bringing it to our attention!
~Josh.

P.S. other things which have partially fixed this issue in particular cases include removing spaces from your JAVA_HOME and/or openmicroscopy.git directories, and removing JREs from your system completely.