[ome-users] Loci bug opening Aperio svs file

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Jun 20 18:09:01 BST 2013

Hi Serena,

> > Hi all, i work with fluorescence whole slide images obtained with an
> > Aperio Scanner. I tried to open those svs files in imageJ and Fiji
> > with LOCI plugin but it doesn't work. Some one can suggest me how to
> > solve this problem ?

Note that if you are seeing an error message similar to
"OutOfMemoryError" or "NegativeArraySizeException", then you will almost
certainly need to open a smaller section of the image(s) by using the
"Crop on import" option in the "Bio-Formats Import Options" window.  SVS
files typically contain very large images which cannot be displayed all
at once.

If you are able to open sections of the image using "Crop on import",
then there is no need to send the file.  If you see a different error
message and/or "Crop on import" does not solve the problem, then please
send one of your files as indicated by Curtis, along with the error
message that you are seeing.

Regards,
-Melissa