[ome-users] slow or failing import of large files with large X by Y size

Damir Sudar dsudar at lbl.gov
Sat Feb 23 01:16:03 GMT 2013

Hi all,

On my installation (Omero 4.4.5/Ice 3.4 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS 64-bit) I see
the following strange import (using Insight/Importer 4.4.5) behavior:
File1.lsm: 102MB is 5120 by 5120 pixels in 2 channels takes 30-40
minutes to import
File2.lsm: 207MB  is 1024 by 1024 pixels by 50 Z-slices takes 1 minute
to import
File3.tif: 100MB  is 10240 by 10240 pixels simple 8-bit TIFF, import
finishes in a few seconds without errors but the resulting image in
Omero will not open and gives error: "The image could not be opened. The
image is not a valid image." But the archived version can be downloaded
without trouble.

So there appears to be something wrong with importing image with large X
by Y sizes. Has anyone seen this as well and is there a solution?

Thanks,
- Damir

--
Damir Sudar - Staff Scientist and Deputy for Technology
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory / Life Sciences Division
T: 510/486-5346 - F: 510/486-5586 - E: DSudar at lbl.gov
WWW: http://www.lbl.gov/lsd/People_&_Organization/Scientific_Staff_Directory/Sudar_Lab.html