[ome-users] slow or failing import of large files with large X by Y size

Petr Walczysko p.walczysko at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 09:50:32 GMT 2013

Hello Damir

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Could you please upload the files in question using out QA ?
Please go to
http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/
and follow the instructions.
It would help us to investigate the problem.
Thank you
All the best
Petr

On 23 Feb 2013, at 01:16, Damir Sudar <dsudar at lbl.gov<mailto:dsudar at lbl.gov>>
 wrote:

Hi all,

On my installation (Omero 4.4.5/Ice 3.4 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS 64-bit) I see the following strange import (using Insight/Importer 4.4.5) behavior:
File1.lsm: 102MB is 5120 by 5120 pixels in 2 channels takes 30-40 minutes to import
File2.lsm: 207MB  is 1024 by 1024 pixels by 50 Z-slices takes 1 minute to import
File3.tif: 100MB  is 10240 by 10240 pixels simple 8-bit TIFF, import finishes in a few seconds without errors but the resulting image in Omero will not open and gives error: "The image could not be opened. The image is not a valid image." But the archived version can be downloaded without trouble.

So there appears to be something wrong with importing image with large X by Y sizes. Has anyone seen this as well and is there a solution?

Thanks,
- Damir

--
Damir Sudar - Staff Scientist and Deputy for Technology
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory / Life Sciences Division