[ome-users] Problem installing OMERO server on Windows 7 x64

Angelos angelos.skodras at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:49:51 GMT 2013

Dear list,

I encountered the an issue while trying to install OMERO server on our
new workstation, running windows 7 64-bit. I followed the instructions,
but got the following error when trying to configure the omero settings
from the command line. This is the command and the error:

C:\omero_dist>bin\omero config set omero.db.name <http://omero.db.name>
omero_database
\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.2\python`) was unexpected at this time.

I see there was another person who had the same issue on the list, but
claimed that reinstalling everything using appropriate bit versions
eliminated the error.

When I performed the installation, I chose 64 bit versions for software
where it was not explicitly stated in the instructions that had to be 32
bit (python and add-ons). After seeing the error and the list reply, I
reinstalled every software using 32-bit versions. But the error is still
there.

Any feedback as to what may be causing the issues would be greatly
appreciated.
I used ICE 3.4 and the corresponding omero version. I use an ssd as the
C:\ drive, so omero binary repository was pointed at the D:\ drive, as
well as the omero database data.

The path was configured as show below.

C:\omero_dist>echo %PATH%
C:\Python26;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\S
ystem32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files\MATLAB\R2012b\bin;C:\Program Fi
les (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.2\bin;

I would be happy to provide more information on the installation
details, if necessary.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-A