[ome-users] MetaMorph nd file metadata

Ben Timney timneyb2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:47:59 BST 2012

Hi,

I cannot locate detector gain in any of the OME metadata imported from my MetaMorph "MultiDimensional Acquisition" experiment .nd files. None of the various "gain" attributes seem to have any value. In fact, I can get exposure time for each plane and the "channelName" for each channel, very little else. dumpXML seems to show that very few values mapped into the OME metadata. Checking in Metamorph, I can locate the appropriate metadata in "Image Info>Annotations".

Problem is the same if I open the underlying .stk files individually, instead of the .nd file.

The problem was observed using bfopen in MatLab using the latest 4.4.4 BioFormats library. Shame, because I see the latest update addressed some .nd file functionality.

Not sure if this is a general issue with mapping MetaMorph multi-dimensional acquisition data into the OME metadata scheme. Could also be a problem of the replace-user-and-press-any-key variety, since I am newish at trying to peruse the OME metadata structure.

DropBox link to zipped example data

Ben Timney

Ben Timney, PhD
Research Associate