[ome-users] bioformats and ITK

Kishore Mosaliganti kishoreraom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:54:18 BST 2012

Dear ITK and OME users,

To further elaborate, I figured that this has nothing to do with the
itkStreamingImageFilter.

Instead, the itkImageFileReader seems to be extracting the same image
region although I update the requested region in the BioformatsImageIO
class :;

    itk::BioFormatsImageIO::Pointer io = itk::BioFormatsImageIO::New();
    io->SetIORegion( region ); // doesn't make a difference in terms of
image data extracted. Its always from the beginning.

    reader->SetFileName(argv[1]);
    reader->SetImageIO(io);
    reader->Update();

So, my general question is whether the BioformatsImageIO expects the whole
LSM image to be loaded into memory before writing it out? I would like to
specify small image regions since my LSM is too large to be fully loaded
into memory. How else can I stream data from large LSM?

Thanks,

Kishore