[ome-users] Combine two tif to a multilayer tif

Dr. Juergen helmers juergen.helmers at gmail.com
Tue May 22 12:49:46 BST 2012

On 05/18/2012 03:49 PM, Melissa Linkert wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> OK.  We'll do what we can with this, but note that it's difficult to
> test completely without the actual dataset.  There is now a ticket here:
>
> http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/8875
Hi Melissa,

Sorry if you got the idea that I was complaining! That was not my
intention at all. Let me check if I can get you a complete run of a
96-well plate, in case you are interested!

> Unless I completely misunderstand again, there is not a way to do that
> in a proper standard TIFF file (yes, Photoshop can do it, but using
> their own special interpretation of TIFF). Your options are basically:
> * store each of the two images separately (what you did originally) *
> store the two images together as an interleaved RGB image (what the
> above documentation suggests) * store the two images together as an
> uninterleaved RGB image - the two images are stored together, but one
> immediately after the other, and with a single header (also possible
> using the above documentation) Regards,

Well I opted to keeping them separated in one image per channel due to
the fact that Omero is taking care of combining the files during import ...

Best
Juergen

--
*Dr. Jürgen Helmers*