[ome-users] Support for nikon nd2 (nis-elements ver 4 files)

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon May 7 21:48:25 BST 2012

Hi Matt,

> I was wondering if there were plans for the bio-formats plugin to
> support the new version of nd2 files produced by nis-elements 4
> which i cannot open in the current version of fiji.  I could send
> you the error message i get if that would help or i can speak to our
> users and see if they're willing to send some elements ver 4 nd2
> files for you to work on.. do you have an ftp site i could upload
> these to?

Yes, we are in the middle of fixing support for .nd2 files from Elements
4, as noted here:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/8589

and in a previous mail to the list:

http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2012-January/002917.html

If you have files that do not open (or do not open correctly), then we'd
certainly appreciate it if you could upload them.  I will send you
instructions in a private mail.

> Also i have the contact details of a nikon software engineer in the
> US who i could contact if something needs to be done on the nikon
> side.

We are already in contact with those responsible for these changes, so
at this point I don't think it's necessary involve anyone else at Nikon.

Regards,
-Melissa