[ome-users] ND2 file from Nikon NIS element4

Chloe van Oostende chloevanoostende at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:44:11 BST 2012

Hi,
I have a MAC running with Mac OS 10.6.8. I use ImageJ 1.46m to open all my
files. Until last week, we had a Nikon microscope, with NIS element3. I
could open the files with Bio-Formats, wich was really  really great. I
used the stable version and the trunk build version. We updated our NIS
element, and all the acquisition made with NIS element4 cannot be opened
with Bio-formats. The export mode of NIS element viewer for mac, is
horrible since it save each picture individually...and I have 4D
acquisition with differents xy points...I cannot work with the viewer it
will putt a mess in my computer!
Here is the message I have while trying to open and ND2 file from NIS
element4:

*java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0*

*            at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)*

*            at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)*

*            at
loci.formats.in.NativeND2Reader.initFile(NativeND2Reader.java:587)*

*            at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1091)*

*            at loci.formats.DelegateReader.setId(DelegateReader.java:232)*

*            at
loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.initializeFile(ImportProcess.java:480)*

*            at
loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.execute(ImportProcess.java:144)*

*            at loci.plugins.in.Importer.showDialogs(Importer.java:139)*

*            at loci.plugins.in.Importer.run(Importer.java:77)*

*            at loci.plugins.LociImporter.run(LociImporter.java:79)*

*            at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:184)*

*            at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:151)*

*            at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:127)*

*            at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)*

*            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)*

Please find in attached file, an acquisition I have from NIS element4.
Hope you will be able to update Bio-Formats, for the pleasure of all ImageJ
users!
Thanks!
Best regards,

Chloë