[ome-users] Support for Zeiss Orion Helium Ion Microscope

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Jun 15 15:21:12 BST 2012

Hi Gregor,

> a while ago i asked for the possibility to support the Zeiss Orion tiff format.
>
> http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/8336
>
> It is a standard tiff file with an additional tiff tag that contains all the image parameters in an xml like structure. I wonder what are the chances that this will get implemented in the next release. In the mean time I also realized that at least some people are using OMERO for EM images which have more or less the same parameter set than HIM images (both being charged particle beam techniques).

This will definitely not be implemented in the next release (4.4.0), as
we are in the process of finalizing that release now.

It's likely that we would be able to implement Zeiss Orion support in
the following release (4.4.1), though we haven't yet decided upon what
exactly will go into 4.4.1.  You will see an automated email as soon as
we have decided for certain which release will include this support.

Regards,
-Melissa