[ome-users] Visualizing LIF files

Caterina Strambio De Castillia Ph.D. strambc at mail.rockefeller.edu
Fri Jan 21 12:08:17 GMT 2011

Dear All

we are continuing our successful work with OMERO here in Southern Switzerland.

We have started acquiring Leica lif files and encountered the following problem:

The .lif file (containing 11 image-series with two colors and 20+ z planes) was imported correctly (no errors; "done" in status).

When attempting to open individual image series in insight we are repeatedly getting the following error:

The image could not be opened.
The image is not a valid image"

Any ideas on what is going on?

I should warn you that I am still using the 4.2.0 beta version  because our upgrade request did not go through yet.

Is this a problem that has been fixed in the new release?

Please let me know

Caterina

Caterina Strambio De Castillia
Dottore in Scienze Biologiche, Ph.D.
Instructor of Anatomy and Physiology

Biologiste 2 - Senior Research Scientist
Laboratory of viral replication, pathogenesis, and immunity
http://www.mimo.unige.ch/luban_lab/

Department of Microbiology and Molecular Medicine
University of Geneva
1 Rue Michel Servet
CH-1211 Geneva 4
Switzerland

Workplace:
Istituto Cantonale di Microbiologia
via Mirasole 22A
CH-6500 Bellinzona
Switzerland

+41 22  3795720
+41 91 8146066
+41 78 7367537
Visiting Fellow
Laboratory of Cellular and Structural Biology
http://www.rockefeller.edu/labheads/rout/research_project_3.php

The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
New York NY 10065