[ome-users] OMERO imageJ plugin and groups.

Ian Dobbie ian.dobbie at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 14:48:45 GMT 2010

Jean-Marie Burel <j.burel at dundee.ac.uk> writes:

[Q about ImageJ plugin ignoring selected group on login]
> 1) This was a bug, the problem has been fixed in the 4.2.1 version

Ok, thanks. We will upgrade soon.

I did download the OMERO.client source but couldn't work out where the
ImageJ plugin code came from. Is there some description of what is where
in the source?

[Q about accessing image from another group member]
> 2) For the second one, it is not possible to do that (not possible in 4.2.1
> either)

Ok, I just want to analyse some data from another group member that
they have put on the OMERO server. Is there a way to download the file
as an OME-tiff from OMERO.insight? I couldn't work out how to do
anything more than get jpegs out of it.

> That's a feature we should consider to have.
>
> I have been investigating another possibility, opening an image in ImageJ for
> example. directly from OMERO.insight.
>
> The feature is not ready for release, I have only tested it on Mac. This
> approach should give you all the features of the OMERO.insight client and
>
> the ability to view the image in another application.

Either directly in ImageJ or via OMERO.insight would be fine, but I
think there needs to be a way for other users to get the real image data
out if they have permissions to see the images.

Thanks,

Ian