[ome-users] OMERO imageJ plugin and groups.

Jean-Marie Burel j.burel at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 16:20:41 GMT 2010

>>> Ian Dobbie <ian.dobbie at bioch.ox.ac.uk> 11/23/2010 2:48 PM >>>
Jean-Marie Burel <j.burel at dundee.ac.uk> writes:

[Q about ImageJ plugin ignoring selected group on login]
> 1) This was a bug, the problem has been fixed in the 4.2.1 version

Ok, thanks. We will upgrade soon.

I did download the OMERO.client source but couldn't work out where the
ImageJ plugin code came from. Is there some description of what is where
in the source?

The source code for the plug-in is in the not with the client source code.
It is in the omero code base under components/tools/OmeroImageJ

[Q about accessing image from another group member]
> 2) For the second one, it is not possible to do that (not possible in 4.2.1
> either)

Ok, I just want to analyse some data from another group member that
they have put on the OMERO server. Is there a way to download the file
as an OME-tiff from OMERO.insight? I couldn't work out how to do
anything more than get jpegs out of it.

Yes you can already download the file as OME-TIFF, the option is available in the 4.2. under the "publishing" menu. (right-hand panel)
We moved it out of that menu in 4.2.1 to make it more obvious.

> That's a feature we should consider to have.
>
> I have been investigating another possibility, opening an image in ImageJ for
> example. directly from OMERO.insight.
>
> The feature is not ready for release, I have only tested it on Mac. This
> approach should give you all the features of the OMERO.insight client and
>
> the ability to view the image in another application.

Either directly in ImageJ or via OMERO.insight would be fine, but I
think there needs to be a way for other users to get the real image data
out if they have permissions to see the images.

Thanks,

Ian

Please consider the environment.  Do you really need to print this email?