[ome-users] OMERO install on a Mac server - success at last (mostly) but still have questions

Aleksandra Tarkowska aleksandrat at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 11:28:54 BST 2010

Hi Ronald

According to the problem with OMERO.web, could you run the following
commands:

$ bin/omero admin ice
Ice 3.3.0  Copyright 2003-2008 ZeroC, Inc.
 >>> server disable Web
 >>> server stop Web
 >>> exit
double check diagnostics if Web is not active, then
$ cd CHANGE_TO_OMERO_DIR/lib/python/omeroweb
$ PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:CHANGE_TO_OMERO_DIR/lib/python python
manage.py runserver wileyserver2.pnl.gov:8000
run http:/wileyserver2.pnl.gov:8000/webadmin/ in your web browser,
and send me the output, please.

It should look like that:

mac:omeroweb ola$ PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/omero/lib/python python
mane.py runserver 10.12.1.196:8000
Validating models...
0 errors found

Django version 1.1.1, using settings 'omeroweb.settings'
Development server is running at http://10.12.1.196:8000/
Quit the server with CONTROL-C.
[24/Jun/2010 11:26:51] "GET /webadmin/ HTTP/1.1" 302 0
[24/Jun/2010 11:26:51] "GET /webadmin/login/?url=/webadmin/ HTTP/1.1"
200 2065

Thanks
Ola