[ome-users] RFI* 4.1 DB permissions report

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Jun 25 12:36:07 BST 2010

In upgrading several production 4.1 databases to 4.2 for testing
purposes, we've seen that despite the private permissions from 4.0 and
4.1 some links exist which shouldn't.

We've written a report that outlines which objects are mis-linked and
attached it to this email. It's also available from trac:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/browser/trunk/sql/psql/OMERO4.2__0/omero-4.1-permissions-report.sql

It would be great if as many of you as possible could run the report
against your OMERO4.1__0 database and send us the results.

= Example =

$ psql -h localhost -U omero -f omero-4.1-permissions-report.sql omero
BEGIN
CREATE FUNCTION

   omero_41_check
----------------

(1 row)

   omero_41_check
----------------

(1 row)

DROP FUNCTION
COMMIT
$

The reports will help us improve the DB upgrade scripts for 4.2. If
you'd like to read more about the new group-based permission system in
4.2, see

    http://openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/server/permissions

or for the technical details,

    https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/1434