[ome-users] Failed OMERO install on a Mac server - requesting help

Josh Moore josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Jun 22 07:27:16 BST 2010

Hi Ronald,

it looks like either the connection information for your PostgreSQL
server is wrong, or the server itself is not listening to for TCP
connections. For debugging this, you might take a look at some of these
pages:

  * https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/server/postgresql
  *
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2009-April/001596.html
  *
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2007-August/000886.html

Basically, if you can connect to your database with "psql omero" but not
"psql -h localhost omero" then most likely TCP is not configuration in
postgresql.conf. If you can reach with "psql -h localhost -U omero
omero" (or whatever values you configured for omero.db.host,
omero.db.user, and omero.db.name), then something else is going on.

Cheers,
~Josh