[ome-users] OMERO.web 4.2 suggestion

Woodbridge, Mark R m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 20 11:52:23 BST 2010

Hi,

The new OMERO.web works really well and I like the tree for browsing datasets but it seems to be missing a single-page view for an image.

I used link out from our metadata capture tool using URLs of the form:

http://server/webclient/mydata/project/702/dataset/952/image/6203/

This doesn't seem to be possible any more - I know that I can send a link like this:

http://server/webclient/img_detail/6203/

but this doesn't show the metadata, comments etc. alongside and doesn't include the standard navigation headers etc. It also resizes the browser window.

Perhaps the centre column of the standard three column view could be replaced with image information (e.g. metadata) when an image is selected in the tree? It currently shows the whole dataset, even when an individual image has been selected. It would also be great if this three column view could be launched/bookmarked for a specific image using a URL (not sure whether this is currently possible).

Anyway, just an idea that would make integration with other tools a bit easier.

Mark.