[ome-users] OMERO.web 4.2 suggestion

Aleksandra Tarkowska aleksandrat at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 17:11:55 BST 2010

Hi Mark

In 4.2 web interface has changed. We were trying to make it more
similar to Insight, giving users the feeling that they work within the
one system.

On 20 Jul 2010, at 11:52, Woodbridge, Mark R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The new OMERO.web works really well and I like the tree for browsing
> datasets but it seems to be missing a single-page view for an image.

Single-page view for an image was replaced by the right panel (like in
Insight).

Please look at the picture

http://www.openmicroscopy.org.uk/site/support/omero4/screenshots/images/web-browse-images.jpg/image_view_fullscreen

> I used link out from our metadata capture tool using URLs of the form:
>
> http://server/webclient/mydata/project/702/dataset/952/image/6203/
>
> This doesn't seem to be possible any more - I know that I can send a
> link like this:
>
> http://server/webclient/img_detail/6203/
>
> but this doesn't show the metadata, comments etc. alongside and
> doesn't include the standard navigation headers etc. It also resizes
> the browser window.

Unfortunately, you can use only second link. In the near future I
would like to add there link generator (similar to google map) which
will launch the tree and open specific object(s).

> Perhaps the centre column of the standard three column view could be
> replaced with image information (e.g. metadata) when an image is
> selected in the tree? It currently shows the whole dataset, even
> when an individual image has been selected. It would also be great
> if this three column view could be launched/bookmarked for a
> specific image using a URL (not sure whether this is currently
> possible).

Middle panel is a working area, user can select there one or many
images.
By selecting one image user can see more details about image, like:
metadata, annotations, access to the full viewer, etc. Drag selection
generate bulk-annotation form.

> Anyway, just an idea that would make integration with other tools a
> bit easier.
>
> Mark.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Ola