[ome-users] Z Stack Time Series Rebuilding

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jul 20 09:17:01 BST 2010

Hi Todd,

The ability to combine several single-plane images into a single image
in OMERO is supported by one of the scripts that was shipped with
OMERO 4.2 as part of the new scripting service.
A movie that introduces the scripting service and demonstrates that
script can be seen here
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/snapshots/movies/omero-4-2/mov/Scripting1.mov

Actually, the movie is a little out of date already, and the script
has been extended to recognise the Z and T indexes in the image names.
This will be useful to you if all the images are named appropriately,
E.g. image_Z08_T24.tiff.

Instructions on the latest version of the script are here http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/shoola/wiki/UtilScripts#CombineImages
If your naming convention is not supported, or you need any other help
with the script, let us know.

  Cheers,

   Will.

On 19 Jul 2010, at 23:38, Todd H. Stokes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a large dataset (~2000 images) stored as TIFF images. These
> images represent ~80 time points and a Z stack of size 15. As I
> imported these images, there wasn't the proper meta-data in the
> directory for OMERO to interpret these images as one big stack, so
> each one has a separate record now.
>
> Is there a way for me (as the data administrator) to merge these
> files into one record on the server, which can be browsed using the
> Z-slider and the time slider?
> If not, is there a tool you can recommend that can merge these files
> so that OMERO will import them properly?
>
> BTW, I upgraded to version 4.2 today with no problems!
>
> Thanks!
> Todd

William Moore
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street