[ome-users] Installation Problems on Red Hat EL 5.2

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jul 14 00:39:20 BST 2010

Hi Todd,

  You have become a victim of our slightly un-synchronised release of
OMERO 4.2.
We have been updating our on-line docs in preparation for the 4.2
release, which is very imminent.
The bin/omero web start
command is for 4.2 and you have 4.1.

The 4.1 install docs have been moved here
https://www.openmicroscopy.org.uk/site/support/omero4/server/archives/4.1/installation

or you could wait for 4.2 (hopefully tomorrow)!

  Cheers,

     Will.

On 13 Jul 2010, at 22:34, Todd H. Stokes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been working on setting up OMERO on our database server for the
> past couple of days to do an evaluation. We'll be getting a new
> Zeiss microscope soon that will be generating a lot of data, so I'm
> looking forward to having a robust data management tool. Thanks!
>
> I have worked through a number of issues related to the
> dependencies, and have just now started getting sensible results
> from the "bin/omero admin start" command.
>
> Strangely, even though my server does partially start, the "bin/
> omero web start" command says:
> Bad arguments: start
> omero web settings
> [and then gives the valid commands]
> maybe the "start" command only becomes valid once the server start
> check succeeds?
>
> I am attaching the results of the admin diagnostics and the log
> directory.
>
> Thanks for you help!
> Todd
>

> 2010-07-13 16:49:16,923 ERROR
> [                       fsserver.FSServer] (MainThread) System
> requirements not met:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "lib/python/fsServer.py", line 43, in run
>   import fsMonitorServer
> File "/var/home/tstokes/Desktop/SRM_tcga/OME/omero_dist/lib/python/
> fsMonitorServer.py", line 23, in <module>
>   from fsMonitor import MonitorFactory
> File "/var/home/tstokes/Desktop/SRM_tcga/OME/omero_dist/lib/python/
> fsMonitor.py", line 21, in <module>
>   PlatformMonitor = __import__(fsUtil.monitorPackage())
> File "/var/home/tstokes/Desktop/SRM_tcga/OME/omero_dist/lib/python/
> fsUtil.py", line 117, in monitorPackage
>   raise Exception("Libraries required by OMERO.fs monitor
> unavailable: " + errorString)
> Exception: Libraries required by OMERO.fs monitor unavailable:
> pyinotify 0.7 or 0.8 required. Package not found.
> 2010-07-13 16:49:16,925 INFO
> [                       fsserver.FSServer] (MainThread) Exiting with
> exit code: -1
>

> <omero_logs.zip>
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> OMERO Diagnostics Beta-4.1.1-r5927-b91
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
>
> Commands:   java -version                  1.6.0     (/usr/bin/java)
> Commands:   python -V                      2.6.5     (/opt/python/
> [...]

William Moore
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street