[ome-users] Installation Problems on Red Hat EL 5.2

Todd H. Stokes todd.stokes at bme.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 13 22:34:31 BST 2010

Hello,

I've been working on setting up OMERO on our database server for the
past couple of days to do an evaluation. We'll be getting a new Zeiss
microscope soon that will be generating a lot of data, so I'm looking
forward to having a robust data management tool. Thanks!

I have worked through a number of issues related to the dependencies,
and have just now started getting sensible results from the "bin/omero
admin start" command.

Strangely, even though my server does partially start, the "bin/omero
web start" command says:
Bad arguments: start
 omero web settings
[and then gives the valid commands]
maybe the "start" command only becomes valid once the server start check
succeeds?

I am attaching the results of the admin diagnostics and the log directory.

Thanks for you help!
Todd

2010-07-13 16:49:16,923 ERROR [                       fsserver.FSServer]
(MainThread) System requirements not met:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lib/python/fsServer.py", line 43, in run
    import fsMonitorServer
  File
"/var/home/tstokes/Desktop/SRM_tcga/OME/omero_dist/lib/python/fsMonitorServer.py",
line 23, in <module>
    from fsMonitor import MonitorFactory
  File
"/var/home/tstokes/Desktop/SRM_tcga/OME/omero_dist/lib/python/fsMonitor.py",
line 21, in <module>
    PlatformMonitor = __import__(fsUtil.monitorPackage())
  File
"/var/home/tstokes/Desktop/SRM_tcga/OME/omero_dist/lib/python/fsUtil.py",
line 117, in monitorPackage
    raise Exception("Libraries required by OMERO.fs monitor unavailable:
" + errorString)
Exception: Libraries required by OMERO.fs monitor unavailable: pyinotify
0.7 or 0.8 required. Package not found.
2010-07-13 16:49:16,925 INFO  [                       fsserver.FSServer]
(MainThread) Exiting with exit code: -1