[ome-users] OMERO 4.2 release and python version

Bernie Broughton b.broughton at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 17:06:52 BST 2010

Ola,

--On 18 August 2010 08:24 +0100 Aleksandra Tarkowska
<aleksandrat at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk> wrote:

> Definitely there is no problem with Python version, 2.4 is fine.

Good to know.

> Could you please confirm with me the upgrade steps:
>
> - custom_settings.py under the omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb/ should  be
> removed.
> - new custom_settings.py should be generated by the bin/omero web
> settings and should save file to: omero_dist/var/lib
> - permissions on var/lib increased, apache_user must read from there.
> - webdb should be removed - sqlite database is no longer needed.
> - new library'/home/omero/omero_dist/var/lib' should be added to the
> PYTHONPATh in httpd.conf
> <Location "/">
>      SetHandler python-program
>      PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
>      SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE omeroweb.settings
>      PythonDebug On
>      PythonPath "['/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python', '/home/omero/
> omero_dist/var/lib', '/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb'] +
> sys.path"
>
> </Location>
> - apache restart!

'/home/omero/omero_dist/var/lib' was missing, and it's clearly there on
both the installation and upgrade pages. Sorry.

I still had to correct ownership for /var/tmp/django_cache (apache) but
once done it works.

Strangely, erroneous logins give this msg:

Error: Client version does not match server, please contact administrator.

which baffled me at first. Apologies if this has already been pointed out.

Thanks for your help,

Bernie Broughton
IT Manager
Genome Damage and Stability Centre