[ome-users] OMERO 4.2 release and python version

Bernie Broughton b.broughton at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Aug 17 23:12:58 BST 2010

Hi Ola,

thank you for your response.

--On 17 August 2010 17:44 +0100 Aleksandra Tarkowska
<aleksandrat at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk> wrote:

> I suspect that means that omero_sti/var/lib/custom_settings.py is not in
> apache PYTHONPATH. It usually happes becuase of the permissions on the
> var or var/lib directory. You apache_user must be able to read/write
> there.
> Please try to increase the permission on var and var/lib.

I have done as you suggest:

-drwxrwxrwx 6 omero omero  4096 Aug 13 12:53 var
-drwxrwxrwx 2 omero omero 4096 Aug 17 15:22 lib

-rwxrwxrwx 1 omero omero 1396 Aug 17 13:08 custom_settings.py
-rwxrwxrwx 1 omero omero  531 Aug 17 15:22 custom_settings.pyc

but the error messages are exactly the same.

>> The upgrade page doesn't say you need to upgrade Python from 2.4 to
>> a higher version but I wonder is this the case, and might this
>> explain the problems. In any event would it be wise to upgrade
>> Python anyway?

I assume that the fact that OMERO.web on the Django server works means that
python 2.4 is not a problem.

Bernie