[ome-users] ome-users Digest, Vol 50, Issue 11

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Fri May 8 15:15:53 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 09:56 -0400, Scott Grieshaber wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Scott.

> I have a general question about the future plans and direction of the
> omero insight client.  We have been using the archive original file
> option in the 3.2 addition to allow us to recover the 5D data sets for
> external analysis using both bitplane and ImageJ.  Both of these
> applications support the OME.TIFF file format.  My question is why
> does the omero insight client not write out OME.TIFF files from the
> data in the database?  LOCI supports both reading and writing ome.tiff
> files in ImageJ.  Is this a design decision or just something not
> implemented yet?

The simplest answer is that we just haven't done it yet. It's certainly
*not* a design decision to leave OME-XML or OME-TIFF export out of OMERO
(Insight or otherwise).

Infrastructure is in place between OMERO and Bio-Formats to facilitate
export to both OME-TIFF and OME-XML but it has not been hooked up yet.

> Scott

-Chris