[ome-users] icegridnode: failture occured in daemon error

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 18:57:19 BST 2009

James Chen writes:
 > Hi Josh,

Hi James,

 > You're right, there was an icegridnode process running so I did an omero
 > stop. However, when I tried to start it again, it stalled on the start up.
 > Here is what I got on the prompt:
 >
 > [james at radbio omero_dist]$ bin/omero admin start
 > No descriptor given. Using etc/grid/default.xml
 > Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
 > .............................Failed to startup after 5 minutes
 > [james at radbio omero_dist]$

This (and your master.err) would seem to say that the OMERO server
can't start at all (it's one of the processes run by the
icegridnode). Has the server started for you previously before? If so,
has anything changed? If not, perhaps you could look at Blitz-0.log
for any exceptions. (For example, something about not being able to
access the database.)

Hope that helps.
~Josh.