[ome-users] icegridnode: failture occured in daemon error

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 07:05:08 BST 2009

James Chen writes:
 > Hi Everyone,

Hi James,

 > I just did a clean install of the omero 4 server onto a centOS machine but
 > I'm getting an "icegridnode: failure occurred in daemon" error in the prompt
 > when i try to run bin/omero admin start. I tried deleting the var/registry
 > directory as suggested by the email below, but I'm still getting the same
 > error. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

My guess is that there's still an icegridnode process running. Can you
check the output of:

  ps auxw | grep icegridnode

If there is one, "bin/omero admin stop" should shut it down. If that
fails you can "kill" the process directly, and as a last result "kill
-9". If there isn't a running icegridnode process, a copy of
var/log/master.err would be useful.

Thanks,
~Josh.