[ome-users] Speed test and storage solutions

Alex Sossick ajs17 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 17 14:27:14 BST 2009

Dear All

Is there any speed tests for omero server?? I want to compare different data
storage solutions and their effect of the speed of omero. (if they have an
effect)
    For example comparing direct connect storage  over network mounted
storage

I know some software has a bench test function so you can see and compare
performance. From different elements of the software. Ie upload, download
rendering for example.

I was also wondering if anyone has any experience with disk raids or
suggestions for storage solutions etc., I am look at 40Tb more or less as my
start point and want it to be expandable and mac Xserver compatible.

I was thinking of buying a sataBeast but found Ultamus 4800 from Overland
http://www.overlandstorage.com/US/products/ultamusraid4800.html
Which seems easy to manage and very expandable beyond 48Tb.

Alex

--
Alex Sossick
Wellcome Trust/Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute

email ajs17 at cam.ac.uk
tel 01223 334082