[ome-users] OME presentation

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 22:15:03 GMT 2009

(forwarding to list)

Hi Matt-

On 9 Jan 2009, at 18:51, <Matthew.Smicker at sanofi-aventis.com> <Matthew.Smicker at sanofi-aventis.com
 > wrote:

> Hello Jason,
> I saw your excellent presentation at the HCA conference but I did
> not get a chance to chat with you.  To me the OMERO.fs package makes
> OMERO a very interesting option for our Incell3000 and ArrayScan
> setup.  We currently have a Cellomics Store setup.

Understood.

> I have a few questions.

In general, the answers to all of these is here:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/roadmap

> - do I read correctly that .fs will be available in mid-2009?

The first release of OMERO.fs  will come in late February, with the
next step arriving roughly end of April.

> - can OMERO import cellular and well summary data from image
> analysis packages

Not yet, but in Beta4.1

> - does OMERO offer an API for companies like Genedata to link into?
> (we are currently investigating an integration of Cellomics Store
> and Genedata.  Genedata has a good package for HT-HCS analysis).

Absolutely, and many different entities, including commercial
companies like Applied Precision and PerkinElmer are using it.

See

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/ServerDesign
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroApi

As we are moving towards Beta4, much of the API is changing.  If you
are coding against OMERO, let us know and we will point you to the new
docs as they become available.

Cheers,

Jason

email: jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk