[ome-users] Can I convert 1-bit PNG files to 1-bit OME.TIFF files?

Cornelissen, Frans [PRDBE] FCORNELI at its.jnj.com
Mon Jan 5 14:50:24 GMT 2009

				All,

				best wishes for 2009

Is it possible to convert 1-bit PNG files (cell-boundaries as a binay
image) to 1-bit OME.Tiff  files?
If I use the bfconvert command line tool, it ends up as a UINT8 image...
The (compressed) PNG file is only 4 K, the Tiff becomes 3900 K.

I have individual  overlay files for the CellBodies, the Nuclei and the
Neurites.

Ultimately, I want to import these PNG files as new "Channels" of an
existing file (with already 2 channels) to show it as an "overlay" in
the Insight Viewer.
Are there easier ways to do this ?

Thanks,
Best regads, frans