[ome-users] [Newbie] Connecting problem

» Ruben Alves rubenalves at fm.ul.pt
Fri Sep 26 08:55:22 BST 2008

Ok, the "192.168.0.100 omero-test.openmicroscopy.org.uk omero-test " was
just to made a example. You have to put your own values.
Find the IP of your server doing: " ifconfig" should be the inet address
for eth0 (something like 10.xxx.xxx.xxx or 168.192.xxx.xxx).
For the rest, type "hostname" on ubuntu console in order to know the
string you have to put on your host file.
For example, imagine your Ip is 192.168.10.231, and the hostname is
"ubuntuserver" and you subdomain is lan.caltech.edu. You should have a
/etc/hosts file like this:

127.0.0.1       localhost
192.168.10.231  ubuntuserver ubuntuserver.lan.caltech.edu

The OMERO "HOWTO INSTALL" is very usefull and complete, if you have followed exactly, now it should work. If not, try to start OMERO in a sudo user. And if it still not work, paste you log file.

Cheers