[ome-users] OMERO.editor

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Sep 11 12:48:13 BST 2008

Hi Karl,

On 10 Sep 2008, at 18:11, Johnson, Karl wrote:

> Hi All,
> I was using the editor to make templates for a microscopy lab.

Great!

> I have
> two questions.
>
> The first do you have an ETA for when the editor metadata will be
> incorporated with the images in the database.

Currently we suggest that you attach the Editor xml files to the
Project/Dataset/Image in
OMERO using the Insight client. (At the bottom of the metadata panel
on the right, Under the "Related Documents" header, there is an
"upload" function for uploading local files to OMERO). This will
attach the file to the current Project / Dataset or Image, and the
file will be indexed to allow searching in Insight.

In the OMERO Beta 3.1 release, which should be out in the next few
weeks, you will be able to view editor files from within Insight.
(Double-clicking on attached editor files in the metadata panel will
launch a view of the Editor, although you will not be able to edit
files in this way).

Before the 3.1 release, you will still be able to view attached
Editor files by downloading them and opening the local copy with Editor.

> The second is a problem.  When I make the template, others can open
> the
> template and save the values under a different name.  When we try to
> open the edited file, using OMERO.editor the file will not open, if we
> open the template first then open the edited file then we can open the
> file but only the first three lines are visible.  We can see and open
> the files in an XML editor with no problem and see all the lines of
> XML
> code.
>
> Any ideas?

Hmm, this sounds like a bug!
It's probably something to do with the forth field (after the 3 that
appear).
Is this a link field? Does the problem depend which computer you open
the file on?
It may be caused by a broken link, although I have tried to address
this issue, I may have missed something.

Let me know what this field is (the first one that fails to appear)
and any more details you have about
what conditions it doesn't work in.
Or send me the XML fragment for this field (if you can work out which
it is in an XML editor), or the whole XML file if
privacy is not an issue.
It's always nice to see the way that people are using Editor too!

   Many thanks for your feedback,

     Will.

> Thanks
> Karl

William Moore
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression
College of Life Sciences
University of Dundee
Scotland
DD1 5PH