[ome-users] Import speed

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Tue Feb 12 17:30:39 GMT 2008

Hi,

I tested Omero Beta 2.3 with the same files and the performance was similar
(6MB/s from the server disk; I didn't test over the network yet). One thought
crossed my mind: would it be feasible for the Omero Importer to first copy
the files to the server and then do the importing on the background, at least
when the user chooses to archive the original image? What protocol is being
used to transfer those original images?

As a side note, the upgrade to Beta 2.3 was quick and easy, but is it a typo
in the Trac upgrade instructions when it says:

$ cp ~/omero-3.0-Beta2.2/omero/etc/local.properties \

~/omero-3.0-Beta2.3/omero/etc/local/properties

Shouldn't it be local.properties in the second part too?

- Paulo