[ome-users] 2007 OME European Users Mtg

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 23:56:04 GMT 2008

Hi-

The OME project is pleased to announce the next OME European Users
Meeting, to be held at the Institut Pasteur, April 29/30, 2008.
Spencer Shorte, the Director of the Plateforme d'Imagerie Dynamique
at the Institut Pasteur has again kindly agreed to host the meeting.
We felt that last year's meeting (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/
latest/euro2007-03.html) was really successful-- it gave us alot of
feedback that we have used to set development priorities since then.
We believe we'll have achieved most of the major requests by the time
of the meeting, so it will be time to define work for the next year.
Come and help define what OME will do!

A draft meeting programme will appear on the OME website (http://
openmicroscopy.org) in the next couple of days.  For the moment, we
will start the morning of April 29 with presentations of newly
released software, including the recently released OME Server 2.6.1
(http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk), the Java-based OMERO Server and
its clients (see http://openmicroscopy.org/downloads/), the OME file
formats and libraries (http://www.ome-xml.org, http://
www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html & http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/ome-
tiff-spec.html), and our efforts to drive usability of our tools
(http://www.usableimage.com).  We will also have presentations from
other groups who are developing new image analysis/management
software.  April 30 will focus on defining goals for critical
functionality for OME and other tools, software demos, and any other
final discussions.

If you are interested in attending, please send your name,
institution, and contact details to:

Mme Christiane Pacaud (the Imagopole Administrative Assistant),
chrispac at pasteur.fr

It will help us if you tell us when you will be arriving and leaving
Paris (to organise airport/train transport, if possible-- no
guarantees, but we will try).

Any requests for presentations or other programme issues can be
addressed to myself and Spencer. Please do this soon, as once the
programme fills up, it gets harder to change.

We regret we have no funds to pay for travel or accommodation of
participants, but we will cover coffee breaks and lunch during the
meeting.

See you in Paris!

Cheers,

Jason