[ome-users] OME-XML image re-imported has wrong colors

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 1 16:54:05 GMT 2008

Hi Mario,

The "premature end of file" error was a bug in Bio-Formats, which is fixed
in today's release. I did some tests, and I'm guessing the color inversion
is a bug in the OME Perl OME-XML importer module
(OME::ImportEngine::XMLreader). I tried importing your file with the
XMLreader module set before Bio-Formats, and saw the color inversion. Then I
tried reimporting with the XMLreader module removed, so that it would use
Bio-Formats instead, and the colors look correct.

So one workaround to the problem is to use Bio-Formats instead of
OME::ImportEngine::XMLreader for OME-XML files. However, please note that
this method is less thoroughly tested. I noticed some differences between
the imports, such as loss of group and ownership information with the BF
import, that we will need to address in a future release.

-Curtis