[ome-users] OMERO Windows installation

Peter McKenney ptm223 at nyu.edu
Tue Aug 19 22:44:38 BST 2008

Hello,

We are very interested in trying OMERO to archive our images.  I have
been able to get the server up and running.  But I am having the same
problem that other's have had in trying to connect to the server.
After reading through the list archive, I still have not been able to
get it right.

All I want to do for now is connect to the server using insight or
importer from the same computer on which the server is running.

I have tried various combinations of IP addresses and host names in
the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC: Hosts file.

Should the Hosts file look like this?:

>>127.0.0.1                      localhost
>>Our PC's IP address      Our Computer's name (From the system properties window).

Sorry for the beginner-level question.

Thank you,
Peter.