[ome-users] Matlab problems on Mac

Bernd Jagla baj2107 at columbia.edu
Mon Sep 24 00:39:11 BST 2007

Hi again,

I am experiencing some new Matlab problems and was wondering if anyone could
help me with them:

When executing the Matlab_test_script.pl script from the command line I get
the expected result. When using curl I get an

Internal error 2: Could not determine the path of the MATLAB root directory

Original command path = /Applications/MATLAB_R2007b/bin/Matlab

current command path = /Applications/MATLAB_R2007b/bin/Matlab

.

I believe I got everything to work with my old credentials and an older
Matlab version. Since then I changed my login name, reinstalled Matlab.

As can be seen from the command line Matlab is working. I also added a line
in the Perl script:

Print "current user" . getlogin() . "\n";

This returns "bernd", i.e. the user that can execute the Matlab script from
the command line.

If anyone has an idea of what is going wrong again, please don't hesitate to
contact me.

Thanks,

Bernd