[ome-users] Matlab problems on Mac

Tom Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 02:08:59 BST 2007

Bernd,

You're using R2007b which we've never tried before. But it should
work....

Can you please give me the larger picture here? Are you trying to
configure OME in distributed mode with a master node and workers so
as to execute AnalysisChains comprised of  MATLAB AnalysisModules? Or
are you trying to use OME simply in single-threaded mode?

If Distributed mode: the MATLAB user must be apache. If single-
threaded mode the MATLAB user must be your new-login.
Key point:  Matlab_test_script.pl either works from the command-line,
or from curl, but not from both at the same time (unless both apache
and your user are licensed for MATLAB).

Please run sudo ome admin configure and see if  the MATLAB user and
exec paths are right.

My output looks like this:
MATLAB Perl API configuration:
               MATLAB User: macurato
               MATLAB Path: /Applications/MATLAB73
               MATLAB Exec: /Applications/MATLAB73/bin/matlab
         MATLAB Exec Flags: -nodisplay -nojvm
    Config MATLAB for dev?: yes
      MATLAB .m files Path: /Users/macurato/Desktop/OME-Hacking/OME/
src/matlab

Sorry you're having troubles,

Tom