[ome-users] ivy dependancies

McCaughey, Michael J michael.j.mccaughey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Oct 30 14:56:51 GMT 2007

I was just trying to compile the importer; I followed Chris's suggestion:
> ant clean
> ANT_OPTS="-Xmx512M" ant quick build
which got me past the ivy dependencies but blew up at the importer.

A normal install of the stable 3.0-M3 fails at anouther location (building romio.unit).

Such fun.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Michael J. McCaughey, PhD
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
U9203 MRBIII
6-6175

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Loranger [mailto:brian.loranger at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk]
Sent: Tue 10/30/2007 8:03 AM
To: McCaughey, Michael J
Cc: Chris Allan; ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk
Subject: Re: [ome-users] ivy dependancies

Hi Michael,

I'm the "importer" guy for OMERO.

The OMERO.importer only uses a subset of the bio-formats library from
loci, so if you're trying to compile the entire loci package, you
will probably run into issues since they are constantly updating and
changing their library and we mirror their full repository.

Instead, if you compile just the importer by itself, it should be
able to build with all of the required bio-formats parts pretty
reliably.

I'm also curious, were you using ant to do the import build? (Our svn
maintainer is currently working on improving the ant build just now
to handle loci more effectively).

Cheers,

Brian Loranger
Software Developer, Open Microscopy Environment
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression
University of Dundee