[ome-users] teething problems

Stephen Ogg stephen at cmm.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Sep 11 12:29:48 BST 2006

I have been playing with ome and findspots now for a couple of days
now. A great bit thanks to David Schiffmann, Paul Appleton and Ilya
Goldberg for a lucid description of how to optimize parameters for
and analyze the data from findspots in their pdf file found at http://
www.openmicroscopy.org/howto/FindSpots-v2.pdf. It answered all my
questions.

On another note, I would like to use Shoola, the java client, to
connect to my ome. I get the following error when double clicking on
Shoola application icon.

Abnormal termination due to an uncaught exception.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xmlrpc/XmlRpcClient
	at org.openmicroscopy.ds.DataServer.getDefaultCaller(DataServer.java:
90)
	at org.openmicroscopy.ds.DataServer.getDefaultServices
(DataServer.java:113)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.OMEDSGateway.<init>
(OMEDSGateway.java:182)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.DataServicesFactory.<init>
(DataServicesFactory.java:103)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.DataServicesFactory.getInstance
(DataServicesFactory.java:73)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.init.DataServicesInit.execute
(DataServicesInit.java:98)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.init.Initializer.doInit
(Initializer.java:224)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.runStartupProcedure
(Container.java:110)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.access$000(Container.java:
76)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container$1.run(Container.java:152)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Exception in thread "Initializer"

Knowing even less about java than permissions, I have no clue what
the output above might be referring to.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Steve