[ome-users] Apache2/Mod_Perl Troubles with OME Install

McCaughey, Michael J michael.j.mccaughey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Jun 27 19:07:50 BST 2006

One thing you may want to check, in the log file, this line:
Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_perl/1.999.21 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at localhost Port 80

seems to indicate that you are using a 1.x version of mod_perl with a 2.x version of Apache.  You will need a mod_perl 2.x version to go with Apache 2.x.

Mike

Michael J. McCaughey, PhD
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
U9203 MRBIII
6-6175

-----Original Message-----
From: ome-users-bounces at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk on behalf of Nicholas Lahens
Sent: Tue 6/27/2006 12:26 PM
To: ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk
Subject: [ome-users] Apache2/Mod_Perl Troubles with OME Install

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to Linux and am attempting an install of OME on a machine running Debian v3.1. Debian was just installed, so there is nothing else on the system. I used the apt-get commands from the Debian/Ubuntu page to get the prerequisites. The only ones I did not do were those for the postgresql packages, which I downloaded manually to get a version that works with OME (v7.4.7). I also apt'd the libapache2-mod-perl2 package instead of the one listed on the OME website.

The install gets to the point where it configures the Apache server and fails during the Mod_Perl test. I've seen similar problems in the archives but none of the solutions presented there seemed to help. I've included the log file to provide a more detailed explanation of the failure and can also provide the apache2.conf file if needed (the Include /OME/conf/httpd.ome.conf line was added properly). Thank you for any help you can provide.

Nick