[ome-users] Apache2/Mod_Perl Troubles with OME Install

Nicholas Lahens lahensn at canisius.edu
Tue Jun 27 18:26:51 BST 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to Linux and am attempting an install of OME on a machine running Debian v3.1. Debian was just installed, so there is nothing else on the system. I used the apt-get commands from the Debian/Ubuntu page to get the prerequisites. The only ones I did not do were those for the postgresql packages, which I downloaded manually to get a version that works with OME (v7.4.7). I also apt'd the libapache2-mod-perl2 package instead of the one listed on the OME website.

The install gets to the point where it configures the Apache server and fails during the Mod_Perl test. I've seen similar problems in the archives but none of the solutions presented there seemed to help. I've included the log file to provide a more detailed explanation of the failure and can also provide the apache2.conf file if needed (the Include /OME/conf/httpd.ome.conf line was added properly). Thank you for any help you can provide.

Nick